What exactly is Digital Disruption?
Today digital technologies are influencing the evolution of successful business models.
Digital disruption is the change that occurs when new digital technologies and business models affect the value proposition of existing goods and services.
Digital disruption has already happened and will continue happening; changing the way business interacts with customers and each other.
Here are some instances of business models evolved from digital disruption:
* Most popular media owner creates no content (Facebook)
* Worlds largest taxi company owns no taxis (Uber)
* Largest accommodation provider owns no real estate (airbnb)
* Largest phone companies own no telco infrastructure (Skype, WeChat)
* Worlds most valuable retailer has no inventory (Alibaba)
* Fastest growing banks have no actual money (SocietyOne)
* Worlds largest movie house owns no cinemas (NetFlix)
* Largest software vendors don’t write the apps (Apple & Google)