Digital Disruption: How It Changes A Business
Today digital technologies are essential parts of successful businesses, it is not more digital technology as the side kick in the business world, it’s now digital technology as the core, the heart of the business.
What exactly is Digital Disruption?
Digital disruption is the change that occurs when new digital technologies and business models affect the value proposition of existing goods and services.
It shows how much the digital world has changed the business side of things.
We found this internal slide from IBM from a presentation about entrepreneurship, the slide mentions some examples of how digital disruption has already happened and will continue happening changing the way business interact with customers and each other.
• Most popular media owner creates no content (Facebook)
• Worlds largest taxi company owns no taxis (Uber)
• Largest accommodation provider owns no real estate (airbnb)
• Largest phone companies own no telco infrastructure (Skype, WeChat)
• Worlds most valuable retailer has no inventory (Alibaba)
• Fastest growing banks have no actual money (SocietyOne)
• Worlds largest movie house owns no cinemas (NetFlix)
• Largest software vendors don’t write the apps (Apple & Google)
So tell us what do you think about digital disruption?